terça-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2010

Exclusive interview with Carlos Sainz in Antofagasta, Chile. In the Dakar 2010 rest day.







You always live in a hurry?

I am quite impatient and live always in a hurry. It is a good objective.


You have been in some of the most prestigious Championships in the World. Is there a dream that you need to realize?
Yes there is, the Dakar. This is why we are here




Is there something in your career that you would change if you could?
Sure, always. I remember of at least one decision that was not the right one and it trasnsformed in a lost year of my career. (1993, when Carlos changed from the Toyota Team to the private Lancia Jolly Club) But time cannot go back in its tracks.

What was the scariest moment in your career?
I had my own share of accidents, but the truth is that they happen very fast and are over before you are aware of. Nevertheless, I also had very good luck as I never hurt myself seriously and got off all right.

What was your best performance?
I like the Swedish Rally very much

Of all the cars you drove what was the one that you consider the best?
I drove so many cars in different times and each one was adapted to its era. I would take different things in each of them and would do a very special car.

Was F1 ever part of your plans?
No, not really. When I started racing there was the option to race in circuits or in Rallys, but in Spain there were no circuits, no Championships, nothing. So I followed this road here.

How do you analyze the WRC of today?
The WRC went through transformations in these days and in the future, it should go back to its origins. No 100%, but in some aspects, like more spectacular cars and not so short and concentrated events.

Tell us about the project Carlos Sainz Karting. Do you think of expanding it to other countries?
There are two Indoor Karting in Madrid, not for real competition but for people to have fun. If any other country is interested, we are ready.


How do the hart of the father reacts when it sees your son following your steps?
It is worst to be outside than driving. That is clear. However, I believe that the experiences in racing help me to better understand what goes on.

And how do you see him on the tacks? How do you help him?
What I believe it is good for my son is that he chose to drive Formula Cars and not Rally Cars. There will be no comparisons with his father. In second place, he is 15 years old and will race in the European Formula BMW Championship and only him and time will tell where he can climb. In the moment, he is very good, in all the tests he went well now we have to wait.

If you could describe your career in one word, which word would that be?
(Stops thinks for a couple of seconds) Different

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário